In 1881, on June 7, the Israelite-German community, through its representatives Ignat Sorunger and James Weiss, asks for permission to build a temple on the plate with no. 217, the color blue, in the center of the city.
The synagogue was built, but the two Jewish branches ? of the Spanish rite and the German rite ? remained separated.
The synagogue consisted of a single rectangular building. The fa?ade was neo-Gothic, but in the upper part of it appeared a frieze of triphores of neo-romantic style. The interior had a basilica aspect with three naves strayed by tribunes with triphore-shaped arches, and the ceiling was coffered, in a neo-renaissance spirit. The ark placed in the eastern part of the edifice was shaped like a semicircular apse.