Recreational place arranged in 1912. Originally called the New Park or the Grecescu Park, it stretched from the Communal Baths to the Railway Station on an area of 12 hectares, respecting an English park model, planted mainly with roses, conifers (firs, spruce trees, pines), and the ornaments and surroundings with a cranberry hedge fence. Seedlings and flowers (tumbles, hyacinths, daffodils, pearls) were purchased from the House of P. van der Meer in Holland. After the First World War, in the north-eastern corner, was placed the crypt monument of the Meheedinteni Heroes who died for the achievement of Greater Romania.

Scroll to Top