The Maioreasa Church is the first Orthodox place built in Drobeta Turnu Severin, a few years after the city was established. It is a foundation from 1842 of Major Ioan Ciupagea and his wife Dumitrana. Initially, the church had three towers, the two sides being disbanded in 1872. The place of worship has undergone other changes over time. Lately, besides modernization works have been carried out, besides modernization works, at the frontispiece of the church, namely a mosaic icon with Christ blessing also the icon dedicated to the Assumption of the Mother of God worked in modern technique of stained glass and mosaic joint.